Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rejected! Part 3 of 3.


By DodosD (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
For anyone keeping score, I've skipped over part 2. But I'll get to that in a minute. 

As you may have divined from the title, I heard back from Flash Fiction Online. I’m disappointed of course, but determined not to let it stop me. As I heard repeatedly in the AF: “Press on.”

Next up we have Redstone Science Fiction. I’m going to go over my story to make sure it conforms to their submission guidelines and then submit it no later than tomorrow.

Oh wait, never mind. I just visited their site and guess what?


So now what? Put the story on the shelf and wait for Redstone to open the submission floodgates? I think not. I’m moving on to the next step, which is to publish it here. Since this turn of events snuck up on me, I don’t have a clue as to what font and line spacing to use for the story. My manuscript was created using the format prescribed by the SFWA so it’s not suitable for casual consumption. I’ll have it up soon.

Which segues nicely into my next point: Whenever I update, I tweet it (sidebar: Does anyone else feel stupid saying that?), so if you’re not following me on Twitter (@mans_mark), you really should be. :-)

I have to get my new 350 word quota finished so I’ll close. To quote Stan Lee “Excelsior!”

No comments:

Post a Comment